Top 10 Electric Scooters
What caused the increase in popularity of electric scooters? In recent years, electric motor and battery technology has advanced tremendously. Today’s LEVs (Light Electric Vehicles) have clear advantages over fossil fuel powered vehicles in the areas of performance, ease of use and operating costs.
“Green is in” … a lot of people have become environmentally-friendly these days. You can say that it has now become trendy and chic to travel in these “green” modes of transportation.
Pollution free … Because electric vehicles run on batteries and do not burn fossil fuels as their main system of propulsion, they provide the opportunity to reduce your personal environmental impact and improve local air quality.
Quiet … There’s nothing better than cruising down the streets and the only thing you hear is the wind blowing in the air. Electric motors are quiet and give you an entirely different feeling when riding. Many gas-powered personal vehicles are louder than lawn-mowers. Quiet electric vehicles seem to glide down the road with ease and are welcomed in most communities.
Whatever your reason may be for choosing to purchase an electric scooter, I have compiled a list that you may find helpful in narrowing down your choices. In no particular order,
the top 10 electric scooters are:
- Vectrix Maxi-Scooter VECTRIX is the acronym for: Vehicle, Electronic, Commuter, Transformation, Revolution, Innovation, X factor, and was started by a number of engineers. The big news here is the nickel metal hydride battery, because with any electric vehicle, it’s only as good as the battery inside. The V1 model ($11,000) is currently available in a two-wheeled scooter as opposed to the three-wheeled V3 model (which won’t be available until later this year and will be priced at $15,000).
- Go-Ped ESR 750 The Go-Ped ESR family consists of the following models: ESR 750, ESR 750EX and ESR 750H. The Go-Ped ESR750 simply is in a class of its own and no scooter in the market comes close to its build quality, power, performance and stylish design. Its durability, reliability and impeccable performance without compromising on any details makes it one fo the top electric scooters.
- HCF 737 Pacelite The HCF 737 Pacelite Electric Scooter is a long-lived, well-built scooter. This is one of the few electric scooters that powers up quickly from a full stop, then can take on hills without hesitation. The HCF 737 Pacelite is a great commuter scooter, folding up for easy storage and transport. Given its speed, power, weight and reliability, both the beginner and experienced rider can appreciate its performance. It is a very light scooter – only 59 pounds with the battery, and will easily fit in the trunk of your car.
- Zapino Electric Scooter ZAP is the acronym for: Zero Air Pollution and they recently introduced their new Zapino electric scooter. Not only economical and eco-friendly, the Zapino is powerful with an advanced 3000-watt brushless DC hub motor, perfect for city commuting. Able to reach speeds of 30 mph, the Zapino will be able to keep up with city traffic without contributing to city pollution. The rear wheel hub motor on the Zapino creates more room on board for additional batteries and performance.
- Forsen Hummer The Forsen Hummer is the first compact scooter in the business to offer room for 2 riders. These scooters are made for older teens and adults who want reliable short-to-medium range transportation that is not limited by hills. The Forsen scooter is street legal and complies with USA DOT guidelines (headlight, brake light, and turn signals). The Forsen Hummer is a heavy duty electric scooter capable of traveling at 28-33 mph with a range of 25 miles for a 175-lb. rider.
- eGo Cycle 2 LX The eGO LX is designed for daily commuters and errand runners who will be driving in moderate to heavy traffic. The LX is fully equipped for registration in any state and provides the same range and speed as the eGO Classic. In the GO FAST mode, top speed is 24 mph, electronically limited. Zero to 20 mph in less than 4 seconds. In the “GO FAR” mode, top speed is 17mph, and acceleration is smooth and simple.
- Motorino XPi The Motorino XPi is the next generation bicycle/scooter model. Built on a motorcycle frame, it has motorcycle grade 3.5″ wide wheels which makes it very stable in any weather condition. With the pedals on, it is classified as a bicycle and does not need to be licensed or registered. If you take the pedals off the scooter, it becomes a LSM (low speed motorcycle) and you need to have it licensed and insured. Its motor is uniquely built with oversized rare earth magnets, which increases the torque and efficiency.
- Numo Cruiser LX Designed for electric enthusiasts and commuters, the Cruiser LX Electric Scooter is a new generation PEV (personal electric vehicle). The Numo Cruiser answers the faultss of today’s electric scooters and sets new standards for scooter performance. Most electric scooters today have two serious flaws: short range and poor hill climbing ability. The Cruiser LX has a maximum range of 30 miles and the motor controller enables the Cruiser LX to climb 20% grade hills! The Cruiser LX features adjustable rear suspension. You can adjust stiffness to suit your comfort level.